Terms & Conditions
At Central California Pellet Outlet we want our customers to have the best
experience possible. We understand there are times where you need to
return something to us. We've set these simple guidelines to ensure a
quick and easy return process.
All products properly returned under this policy are eligible for a
refund as a credit to the original payment method minus the 10%
restocking fee. We will credit you for the total purchase price minus
the 10% restocking fee upon receipt of the product. All sales are final
on any "sale" items.
Returns are not accepted on Pellets.
*All returns are for continental US shipments only.
General Return Policy
An item can be returned if it has not been used and it is within 30
days of the receipt of the product(s). To return a product the item
must be in unused condition (i.e. not been removed from its original
packing). If you wish to return a product(s) for any reason, please:
Once fired, grills and smokers cannot be returned. Please contact
the Manufacturer for applicable warranty information and repair.
To return a product the item must be in unused condition (i.e. not
been removed from its original packing). If you wish to return a
product(s) for any reason, please:
Contact us by calling 805-709-4827 within 30 days of the receipt of the
product(s). Please provide us with your name, invoice number and reason
All Clearance items are sold “as is” and are not eligible for return.
Return of Damaged Product(s)
When receiving a delivery from Central California Pellet Outlet, it is highly recommended that you inspect the package at the time of delivery by removing the product from the packaging and examining the contents for any physical damage.
Depending on the method of shipment, please follow the following guidelines:
For items shipped via LTL freight. In the presence
of the driver, we recommend that you inspect the shipment to ensure all
items are correct and all pieces accounted for and undamaged before you
accept a shipment. If there is any damage, you have the right to refuse delivery. If you choose to refuse the delivery, you must:
- Make note of the damages on the delivery receipt
Contact us at 805-709-4827 within 5 days to let us know of your delivery refusal
(NOTE: When you sign the delivery ticket and do not note any damage, the merchandise becomes your property.)
For items shipped via FedEx, UPS, USPS. If there is any damage, visible or not, contact us at 805-709-4827 to report the damage.
If only part of an item is damaged, you may accept the order. Please note the damages, take pictures and contact us. We will replace damaged pieces at no cost to you.
The State of California Proposition 65
WARNING: This product contains wood dust, a chemical known to the State of California to
cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING EXPLAINS THE WARNING ABOVE! Has no bearing on what we do but have to place this information anyway!!
Following is a direct copy from CA.gov
How can I reduce my exposure to wood dust?
- Work outside if possible when you are sanding or creating fine wood dust. Wear a dust mask that fits snugly and comfortably.
- If you work often with wood, are a hobbyist, or do home improvement projects with wood:
installing a dust-collection or air-filtration system in your indoor
work space to help capture and remove wood dust at the source.
using a saw hood or a sanding table that has suction to pull dust
particles downward to prevent inhalation, especially if you are sanding
wood that is glued, laminated or has synthetic finishes.
- Do not use brooms, blowers, fans or compressed air to move dust.
- Vacuum with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter or use a shop vacuum with a HEPA filter if possible.
- Use wet clean-up methods such as wet rags.
- Carefully bag and seal wood dust from vacuum or other dust extraction systems.
- Wash your hands after finishing wood work and before preparing food and eating.
- Change out of clothes that contain wood dust before entering your home, car, and other areas.
California Proposition 65
WARNING: Combustion by-products produced when using this product contain chemicals known to the
State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
How can I reduce my exposure to carbon monoxide?
that equipment and appliances that produce carbon monoxide are
installed correctly, maintained in good condition, and vented to the
outside whenever possible.
- Install a carbon monoxide alarm, test it frequently, and replace its batteries as recommended.
annual inspections for heating systems and chimneys by a trained
professional. Make certain that vent pipes, flues and chimneys are
properly connected, cleared of any blockages, properly vented to the
outside, and otherwise in good condition.
- Limit time spent in enclosed parking facilities, service stations, and vehicle-repair facilities.
- Never use kerosene heaters, charcoal grills or barbecues indoors.
not idle a car in an enclosed garage or shed even if the door is open
to the outside. Carbon monoxide present in motor-vehicle exhaust can
build up very quickly in garages, sheds and living areas of homes.
leave any gasoline-powered engines (lawn mowers, weed trimmers, snow
blowers, chain saws, or other small engines) running in enclosed spaces.
- Never use your gas stove or oven to heat the home.
- Do not use unvented gas fireplaces.
not use gasoline-burning appliances such as cooking stoves and ranges,
generators, or camp stoves in enclosed spaces, including homes,
basements, campers, tents, vans, trucks, garages, or mobile homes.
- Do not smoke. Do not allow children to breathe tobacco smoke.